I) Land acquired for the Project
Type of Land Acquired
Total Land Acquired
|Private land Acquired||
|Private land on lease||
|State Reserved Forest land on long term lease||
|Institutional land acquired||
|Institutional land on lease on long term lease||
Compensatory afforestation is being carried out in Punakha, Wangdue, Tsirang Dzongkhag Dzongkhags and PHPA-II Departmentally : So far of 457.65 ha. have been completed
- Captive Breeding of the endangered While Bellied Heron (WBH) at Bumitsawa, Punakha fo which nu. 2.0 million has been provided
- WBH Breeding and Conservation Facility at Changchey, Tsirang is being constructed in consultation with RSPN at an estimated cost of Nu. 49.46 million.
- Facility for rearing, rescue and hatchery for snow trout has been constructed at Rabuna, Wangdue for nu. 2.5 million.
- Hatchery for the conservation of Golden Mahseer is under construction by Construction Development Corporation Limited at Harachhu, wangdue at the cost of Nu. 159 million. The bridge over Punatsangchhu and Harachhu will also provide vehicle access to Rukha village.
III) Project Affected Family
- Employment has been provided to one family member of one adversely affected family. Compensations were made to eight other affected households.
- Eight affected families (including the one adversely affected family) would be provided 10,000 units of free electricity per acre per annum after commissioning of the Project.