Mr. Amresh Kumar
Managing Director of 1,020 MW Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project Authorities.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Execution of hydro Projects in difficulties due to geological complexities, time and cost overruns and controversies overwhelming Hydro projects.
- Development of strategic Importance Projects in India bordering Pakistan challenged by terrorism, high altitude with logistic and climatic constraints.
- Political, Social, Environmental and Legal issues arising out in development of Hydro Projects.
- Channelizing PR outreach and Public Perception Management.
- Change Management Resolving complex contractual matters of major contracts and cost claims of the contractors.
- Planning, costing, scheduling and monitoring of the projects
Started career with NHPC (A Govt. of India Enterprise under Ministry of Power) as Probationary Executive in Feb. 1985 and worked in various capacities for 33 years in execution of hydroelectric projects.
During long tenure with NHPC, I worked in Transmission Line, Infrastructure Development (Township, Road and Bridges), Dam, Head Race Tunnels, underground caverns and Power House dealing with complex Himalayan geology successfully and steadily rose to the post of General Manager after discharging Key responsibilities as Engineer-in-Charge and Head of Projects.
Multiple projects I worked are Dhaleswari H.E. Project (Mizoram), Chukha Transmission System (Bhutan), Rangit H.E Project (Sikkim), Teesta-V H.E Project (Sikkim), Parbati-II H.E Project (Himachal Pradesh), Nimmo Bazgo H.E Project (Leh-Ladakh), Subansiri Lower H.E Project (Assam/ Arunachal Pradesh) and Kishanganga H.E Project (J&K) On 28th April, 2018 I joined Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project Authority as Managing Director and looked after Punatsangchhu-I H.E Project also till October 2018.
HYDRO PROJECT EXPERIENCE IN LAST TEN YEARS
1. General Manager (HOP), Kishanganga H E Project (330 MW) Kralpora, Dist; Bandipora (J&K)
- Successful commissioning of the project in dispute with Pakistan challenged in International court of Justice which suffered by frequent shelling from across-the -border, terrorism, logistic and climate constraints and local civil unrests. The Project demanded extreme professionalism with frequent co-ordination with army and civil administration.
2. General Manager and Chief Engineer, Subansiri Lower H.E. Project (2000MW), Assam and Arunachal Pradesh
- Resolution of impasse created by apprehensions due to Dam safety and downstream impacts of dam by multitasked platform discussions.
- Massive PR outreach program and Public Perception management of the Project